Tuesday, January 26, 2010

General Status Update

Justin is 2.5 years old now and he's grown in so many ways! Since, at this age, he doesn't have as many check ups where they do ALL the stats, all I know for certain is his weight--32 lbs. He's definitely still tall for his age, but my only "measure" of that is the length of his pants. He received a really adorable pair of jeans from his Aunt Cat right around Halloween. They fit him pretty well, but were still a little long. So I rolled them once at the ankle for a while. But just today I realized those same pants don't need rolling anymore and it's only 3 months later! Wow.

As for other growth, he's become fairly polite, says please and thank you appropriately--at least most of the time. He's very curious, asks questions and points out everything he sees. We've done a lot of discussing of the entire "potty" process, but he's not quite ready for it. It seems to scare him quite a bit. But he's perfectly happy to help flush the toilet and wash his hands afterward. We're on the cusp of rearranging the bedrooms to upgrade from his toddler bed to a regular mattress. I think the main thing will be getting him to get used to blankets and sheets. He doesn't seem to want them in his toddler bed. Anyone go through this with their kids?

Anyway, I'll post pics of the upgraded bed situation once it's all finished!

No comments: